- as a rule, knowledge of additional tools is required for full coding;
- the learning curve depends a lot on which background solution the user chooses;
- not optimized documentation.
At the moment, React is the most requested set of solutions. It is important that the complaints in his direction are significantly less in comparison with Angular. It is used by corporations like Airbnb and Twitter, because Facebook maintains its functionality and stability at a high level. It is obvious that by 2020 React will again occupy the first lines of the ratings.
Released in 2014, but received a worldwide vocation recently. First of all, he gained popularity due to the simplicity and very low file size. Recent updates have helped bypass React and Angular significantly in many ways. But, objectively, this framework has not yet reached the level of the previous two.
- small learning curve;
- easy setup;
- easy integration with elements of other programming languages.
- limited set of tools;
- still a small user community;
- evolves rapidly (plus and minus at the same time: due to rapid development, many examples of development may be outdated).
A year ago, I would say "let's wait for the reaction of the majority." Now the majority of Asian companies (for example, Xiaomi and Alibaba) have switched to this framework. Polls have shown that:
- 90% of those who used Vue will be happy to work with it in the future;
- 70% of those who heard about Vue are interested in studying it.
More detailed comparative characteristics of these three products you can study in our previous article.
Today is rated by developers as one of the best back-end frameworks. This is cross-platform software that allows you to create high-performance and lightweight applications becasue of new mobile appp trends. From year to year it remains one of the most downloadable open source frameworks.
- simple application scalability in both horizontal and vertical positions;
- easy to learn;
- can be used as a single software for programming, which facilitates the development of web applications, since it does not need to refer to additional tools;
- it is considered full-stack software, thanks to which it gives the opportunity to work on both client and server applications;
- high performance thanks to the Google V8 engine;
- a huge community, thanks to which there are already answers to most of the problematic issues;
- lack of well-established recommendations: complete freedom for developers.
- unstable API: during updates, changes that are often incompatible with the previous version often appear, because of which changes in the application code often have to be made;
- has a very limited set of libraries in comparison with other frameworks;
- an asynchronous programming model, which, according to most developers, is much more complicated blocking I/O.
As a rule, during discussions, it is simply combined with Node.js. Although Express.js is a framework
- one person can control both external behavior and data access levels, making the development process much faster and easier;
- allows you to use the same language to configure the server and develop applications, which reduces the cost of hiring a development team;
- simple integration of third-party solution sets;
- easy to learn.
- built on the philosophy of middleware plug-ins, without understanding the essence of which it is impossible to work with the framework;
- template code (if attempts are made to change the approach during development, the code structure will be violated, which will require additional corrections).
Express.js is a framework that provides the necessary functions for developing "off-frame". It also allows you to extend the functionality by adding middleware. It is easy to start with this product, since the documentation is well-written for it. In conjunction with Node.js, they will be the main trends in back-end development both among specialists and beginners.
This library is today considered the best software for managing
the state of the application
. The main task is to update the indicators and maintain relevance. Key elements for which Redux is responsible:
- pressing buttons, time-out, form input (and any other similar actions);
- control over the execution of the action and return the page to a general view;
- constant updating of visual information for the user.
As can be seen in the graphs, only a small percentage of developers
who have dealt with Redux would not like to encounter it again. Also, the majority of users who heard about it are interested in learning.
It is worth noting that, as a rule, Redux is used with React, which, as already mentioned, is at the forefront. Their compatibility indicates the high quality of this library.
Another indicator is the rapidly growing downloads of this software
. Up to today (with the exception of small jumps), the statistics are positive. This leads to the conclusion that Redux will be one of the key trends 2020.
The release of this library occurred in 2015, which is quite a long time in the context of the development of modern technologies. Nevertheless, this software can be considered quite young. And over the past year, it has attracted more and more attention from developers.
GraphQL is a set of solutions that is used to download information from the server. It allows you to determine which data is needed and makes it easy to combine data from different sources.
Turning once again to this survey, it is clear that there are not so many respondents using GraphQL, but almost every one of them wants to continue working with it. What is more interesting, 62% of respondents heard about this library and are interested in studying it.