Modern technologies today give us many advantages that make the life of programmers and ordinary people much easier. It is difficult to overestimate the relevance of using frameworks: using them is a much smarter solution than doing the same work manually from scratch.
Framework and library concept. Features of working with them.
A framework is a kind of carcass, a specific platform that supports the structure of an entire software system. In other words, it is software that makes it much easier to develop individual project components and simplify the process of combining them.
Many people just use the word "framework" and the phrase "framework approach", which means an approach to building programs that consists of only two parts:
- from the main "structure" that does not change;
- modified modules.
Any mobile application or Internet resource can be created from scratch in a short period of time, and all thanks to frameworks.
The whole point of the process lies in several aspects:
- the process of dialing codes is partially automated;
- in addition, the structure of the software solution is more easily formed;
- all components of the project are easily combined into one whole;
- each user can customize their own product and its interaction with third-party services.
The concept of rapid application development
allows you to speed up the work process, make the working environment for a specialist more comfortable and remove restrictions that prevent the disclosure of all the programmer's capabilities.
One of the most important advantages of frameworks is a fairly low entry barrier for beginners in comparison with standard programming languages. As a result, even if a person does not have enough experience and skills for programming, he can still learn the basic principles of the functions. It is easy to optimize your workflow with this knowledge.
The difference between a framework and a library is that the second can be used as part of a finished program, as a set of auxiliary programs that are very close in functionality to the main one. At the same time, the subroutines do not affect the architecture of the project and do not limit its capabilities.
The framework, on the other hand, indicates clear rules for building the architecture, which should be followed, and also at the very beginning sets the parameters of that very "framework". As part of each framework, there can be several libraries, different in subject matter.
Let’s consider the differences between the framework of the software system and the application.
A framework is a large number of classes
- A system framework is its carcass, that is, a component that includes: additional programs, codes. It can also consist of software that greatly facilitates the development of a large project, making it easier to work with each individual component that makes it up. As an example, you can call Laravel, Symphony, the features of which are described below in the article.
- The application framework makes it possible to work with a ready-made structure, since in most cases it is standard. The emergence of graphical interfaces has led to an increase in the popularity of these "wireframes". An example of a framework that was one of the first to be created for commercial use is MacApp. It was developed by the well-known company Apple.
that can be both specific and abstract. The first are generally designed to create "relationships" between classes. At the same time, abstract are extension points where each class can be adapted.
Features of working with frameworks
Let's take a look at each of the frameworks presented in order to determine their advantages and disadvantages.
Laravel's abilities description
This is one of the most attractive and popular frameworks to work with today. It is a leading one even on the global level. In 2022, it will still be reasonable to employ. This framework helps to develop complicated websites and applications.
The framework has been functioning since 2011, and it still keeps its advantages and features. Some users may believe that the framework’s age can hurt the work since all processes now employ advanced databases and technologies. However, the early release has not influenced the technological and functional aspects of the framework. Furthermore, it allowed Laravel to enhance the features and fix the issues.
The key features are:
The professionals recommend this framework as one of great potential. The internet offers many manuals and guides on the framework’s functions.
- High security and protection levels;
- It provides the ability to create templates and employ existing instruments and mechanisms;
- The application’s architecture has significantly improved. It provides the developers with model layers, controllers, and views to eliminate the possible dependence between them;
- Furthermore, the software offers free access to all data.
Symfony framework architecture
The most significant advantage of this network is stability. All working processes are flawless. It provides a high level of security and reliability. The developers often use this application for their professional purposes. It helps to build software for complicated structures without any difficulties. This framework was the starting point of the previous one.
There are a lot of benefits, yet we want to highlight the following:
Drupal phpBB and many other services actively employ this framework. The features mentioned above will keep the program relative in 2022.
- The program invites the user to become familiar with and use all of its available functionality from the very beginning of use. At the same time, the framework’s capabilities are also in extended access. All of this provides full scalability.
- Users note that all available settings are pretty flexible and allow for their complete customization. The user can change them entirely for comfortable work.
- Users also note the versatility of the program and its convenience. It can be used in combination with different services. At the same time, other frameworks become clear and accessible when integrated with Symfony.
CodeIgniter working principles
This software solution attracts a lot of users globally. The process is grounded on the simplicity of the framework. It has a rational and intuitive configuration. The navigation over the application has no complicated groups and segments, which provides a complete boost of workloads. Coding is also straightforward and secure.
In addition, it offers high and fast productivity. The tasks are completed rapidly. The software can be applied to develop and create other services and tools for which simplified coding is used.
All positions and features allow studying the work of the product. This framework is one of the best for developing and modeling applications for mobiles on Android and iOS. It is also actively employed for web pages and web resources development.
A great benefit of this framework is providing complete and complex testing. Also, among the advantages is the availability of open-source code, which can be viewed and subjected to change. This way, developers can identify weaknesses and eliminate them for quality products.
When using Codelgniter, it is possible to get an MIT license. Many people think that this type of license is outdated, but it was and still is free. You need to follow algorithms with a clear framework proven over the years to get it. Additionally, the program provides users with comfortable database refactoring, which is valued in today's development industry.
All the software described
above are known for their simplicity and comfortable use, as well as for their pleasant external design and speed of learning. CakePHP can easily beat all frameworks, receiving the reliability mark by an incredibly significant margin. In professional circles, it is called exemplary software, which represents:
- flexible architecture;
- many auxiliary additional components that make working with the framework surprisingly convenient;
- the user can control and manage sessions, which allows him to open up new opportunities and expand the functionality of the program;
- it is worth specially focusing on another feature: converting themes into plugins, so you can create relevant, high-quality themes.
In addition, it is impossible not to note the high productivity, which will significantly save the developer's efforts, will not ruin the mood, and will save nerves when developing templates, routing or performing other work.
New components were used in the development, the implementation of which had a positive effect: the creators simply got rid of a number of problems.
It is an efficient platform originally designed for AJAX compatibility. The program works great with caching, and also saves a lot of time that is required to develop a high-quality application, website or other web services. Here the user will find many handy tools with which you can create great interfaces from scratch. As a result, Yii is highly regarded by front-end professionals.
One of the main drawbacks of the framework is that it is not suitable for a novice programmer. The program is quite complex, so even one small mistake can lead to the fact that the final product simply will not function correctly.
According to expert ratings, it has recently begun to lose its popularity, although it is still quite in demand.
Among the advantages:
- uses plugins, which allows you to reduce the time spent on creating working functionality;
- written code is suitable for any browser, which helps to reduce development time;
- all versions of the library are compatible with each other.
Among the disadvantages, one can name a large memory footprint, as well as the need to spend time creating code if there is no ready-made solution.
This library has existed for less than 10 years, but it has already become discussed and relevant.
- is an intermediate link between the web resource and the real DOM, all changes to the site can be made in it;
- making edits to one component does not affect the rest in any way;
- element loading speed is high, updating is fast;
- it is possible to reuse separate parts of already written code;
- open source code, which makes it possible to make changes and improve the library;
It’s recommended for using to single page Internet resources or applications.
Designed for working with numbers, objects. Responsible for their creation, editing and modification, transformation, as well as sorting.
Of the advantages:
- browser library that works quickly, eliminates compatibility problems, does not depend on the version;
- it is possible to import individual modules or necessary functions without affecting the entire library.
Among the disadvantages, we can note the large amount of memory that the library requires. All of the above programs have not lost their relevance for many years, so there is no doubt that they will be popular in 2022. Of course, progress does not stand still, and new developments appear every day that can facilitate the work of programmers. However, the basic software
and libraries will always be relevant