Example of setting the daily budget of sponsor jobs on Indeed
Besides, job seekers on Indeed have a possibility to upload their resumes and get a paid subscription that improves their visibility to potential employers, and therefore, the chance of getting the job. The price is $5/day. You can launch a personal hiring campaign on Indeed that is aimed at well-paid professionals.
Cost and description of subscription for job seekers on Indeed
Employers can create a company page on the site and it will enable them to demonstrate all vacancies on one page. They can specify the company description, logo, photos, and more on such a page. In addition, this page can be promoted separately from the Indeed website.
Capability and looks of company pages on Indeed
Moreover, the platform provides employers with the Indeed Hire service. Platform specialists will find and interview potential candidates and choose the best one of them. After that, the employer should approve the candidate. Therewith the employer pays only after he approves the candidate. If the candidate isn’t fit, the employer doesn’t have to pay.
How Indeed Hire can help an employer
Of course, the site has targeted advertising — ads, which appear in different places of the Indeed platform. In particular, these ads are placed on the home screen of the mobile app, on the page of vacancy viewing, on the page of recommended vacancies, and on the application page.
Example of targeted advertisements on Indeed
When launching your clone
, you can use a similar monetization model or come up with your way of getting profit from job boards. You may copy the method that other similar platforms
are using like the Monster.com
Main features of an online job board
You’ve chosen the desired niche and an optimal monetization model. Now is time to define the most important features, which let both job seekers and employers achieve their goals. We’ll divide the platform functionality into two groups for your convenience.
Functionality for employers:
Functionality for job seekers
- Company profile. It gives companies a chance to post key information about their business, specify a scope of activities, post employees’ reviews, show benefits of joining the team and objectives for the short and long term, insert links to the official website and social media profiles.
- Job listings. This feature enables employers to post advertisements on your Indeed clone to hire specialists and specify the following things in them: requirements, responsibilities, working conditions, and additional benefits (for instance, a social package) from the company.
- Employee search. Employers should have the possibility to use an internal search system and filters to look for specialists on your site on their own. Here are filters that you should implement: job title, city, distance (from a candidate to a place of work), experience, professional skills, education level, and additional skills.
- Candidate profile. To register an account, you need to enter your email address and password (or use social media profiles), location, and create/upload your resume. After that, job seekers will be able to look for vacancies, send their resumes, and apply them to cover letters as well as communicate with employers on the site.
- Vacancy search. This feature makes it possible for job seekers to use various filters to determine a job request more precisely. For example, they can specify a position, salary level, company size, remote/in-office cooperation, etc.
- Salary comparison. It gives candidates an opportunity to check the level of the rates for the specific position within a country, state, city, or different companies. This is how job seekers can understand what salary they may count on.
- Employers’ profile. It’s about a possibility to view company pages, which contain the basic information about the company, vacancy listing, and reviews from current and former company staff.
- Communication with an employer. This may be text, audio, or video chat.
Additional capabilities of a job board
If you’re planning to launch a clone in a competitive market
, then aside from the main features you also should implement some additional ones not to lag behind or to be ahead of competitors. These can be the following:
Salary calculator. Next to the information about a minimum, maximum, and average salary for a specified position, job seekers can also find out what their market value is. The calculator will request data about the position they’re interested in, location, experience, education level, skills, and other things, and then calculate what salary this person may count on.
Calculator to estimate the candidate’s market value on Indeed
Help with resume preparation
. When developing a clone
, you can add a feature of professional resume preparation. This can be an automated service, which is doing everything in a certain pattern, or assistance of a pro, who specializes in such a service. Large job boards usually implement both options, herewith the first one is free and the second one is a premium paid service.
Save and/or hide a job offer
A screen of resume creation on the Indeed website
. If the candidate likes the position, but he’s not ready to respond to it yet for whatever reason, he can save the advertisement. At the same time, if a job seeker doesn’t want to see a certain advertisement, he can hide it and block all advertisements from that employer.
Features of saving and hiding vacancies on the Glassdoor.com website
Different levels of resume confidentiality
. Job seekers don’t necessarily want all employers to see their resumes (for example, job seekers often want their current bosses not knowing that they’re looking for a new job). That’s why some sites have several levels of resume confidentiality. Specifically, Monster allows making resumes public, limited, or private. Public resumes are seen by everyone, limited ones hide contact details and current place of work, and private ones are open only to those, whom the job seeker has specified.
Cost of the creation of an Indeed clone
Such software vendors as SmartJobBoard, Madgex, Russmedia Job Board, Recooty, and Monster TMS offer cloud job board solutions in one click. You only need to select a template, set the site, and fill the listing with advertisements. The provider takes over everything else. The cost usually depends on the functionality and place on the listing. For instance, on the SmartJobBoard website, you can get a subscription for $299/month for 10 000 advertisements for vacancies and 100 000 for resumes, or for $600/month — 10 0000 advertisements for vacancies and 300 000 for resumes.
Here are the benefits of using SaaS to launch an Indeed clone:
Drawbacks of SaaS solutions:
- Specific knowledge and skills are not required. You can forget about hosting, website design development, coding, quality assurance, upgrades, and other technical side aspects of building a job board.
- The relatively affordable price of SaaS solutions. Surely, if you calculate how much this solution costs for several years, the price will be quite high; however, if you need to check concepts and/or how you can launch a ready solution, the price of SaaS will be reasonable.
- Maintenance and support. If you choose this approach to launching your clone, you don’t need to think about bugs, crashes, performance falls, and platform development. The Saas service provider takes these aspects under control.
When SaaS is a good choice:
- Lack of customization. These solutions make it possible to launch your site based on a template with very little possibilities to change the design, fonts, color scheme. There are only 2-5 options to choose from.
- Limited control. You have almost no leverages to influence the solution provider in what features to add, what prices to set, etc. You are just a regular user.
Content management systems
You can also launch an online job board
with such CMS as Joomla, Drupal, and WordPress. These platforms offer templates and various plugins, which will help you create a site
in the shortest time and for very little money: a template costs $0-500, plugins — $0-50 per month, hosting — $10-50 per month.