Upgrading your current Windows to Windows 10 Pro is quite tricky and time-consuming. Aside from that, you will also encounter several errors during the entire process. One of them is the error code 0xc004f014. You’ll generally receive this activation error in the original equipment manufacturing (OEM) computers.
Furthermore, error code 0xc004f014 might also occur while updating your Windows and often due to the product key of your PC. Fortunately, there are numerous solutions out there that you can use to fix this activation problem. With that said, here are some ways on how to solve Windows 10 activation error code 0xc004f014.
Use Alternative activation MethodIf you’re having some troubles while activating your Windows 10, you can try using alternative methods such as slui.exe to fix that problem. Here's what you need to do :
- Press ‘Windows Key + R.’
- Then type slui.exe 3 then click ‘OK.’
- After that, enter your Windows 25-digit product key and hit enter to activate the Windows.
Use Phone Activation to Fix Error 0XC004F014You can also solve error 0xc004f014 by activating your Windows 10 copy through Microsoft’s Phone Activation wizard. To start Windows activation via phone, just follow these easy steps:
- Press ‘Windows Key + R’
- Type slui.exe 4 then click ‘enter.’
- Activation prompt will take over your computer, and you have to choose your Country/language and press ‘Next.’
- Once you have chosen your country/language, Windows will now make an automated call.
- You need to give your Installation ID so that you’ll be provided with a Confirmation ID.
- After getting the Confirmation ID, hit the Activation button and follow further instructions to finish the process successfully.
- Then, restart your PC.
Use Default Product KeyIf you fail to activate Windows 10 using phone activation, you can try activating your Windows using default activation key. This product key is provided by Microsoft which activates Windows temporarily so that you can replace it with the real product key afterward.
Here’s a quick guide on how to use the default product key to solve Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f014:
Step 1: Create a text file on your computer that contains the Windows 10 Pro generic registration key (VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T) and the new Windows 10 registration key.
Step 2: Disconnect all the network devices on your desktop. To do that, you need to select the start menu and click ‘network connections.’ Right click on your ‘Ethernet connection’ and choose ‘Disable.’ Repeat the procedure for Wi-Fi connections.
Step 3: Reboot your PC.
Step 4: Open the text file that you created and select the generic registration key and copy.
Step 5: Right click on the start menu and select ‘system.’
Step 6: Click on the bottom right corner and select ‘Change Product Key.’
Step 7: Paste the generic key you copied.
Step 8: In the lower right corner, click ‘Start Upgrade’ button and wait for the process to complete.
Step 9: Log in to your PC and repeat the fifth step. The Windows Edition at this moment should be ‘Windows 10 Pro’.
Step 10: open the text file you created. Click the Windows 10 pro Registration key and copy.
Step 11: Enable your Ethernet and wireless network connection again.
Step 12: Repeat the sixth step. This time, there should be two buttons on the Window which are the ‘Activate’ button and ‘Change Product Key Button.’ Select ‘Change Product Key.’
Step 13: In the textbox, paste your new Windows 10 Pro registration key then click ‘Next.’
Step 14: Finally, after a couple of minutes, you’ll receive a message stating that your copy of Windows 10 Pro is genuine.
Use Command Prompt to Change Product KeyAnother way to activate Windows 10 Pro is by using Command Prompt to change the product key. You just need to follow these guidelines to solve Windows 10 activation error code 0xc004f014:
- Click the Windows key.
- Type cmd on the search bar and open the ‘Command Prompt as Administrator.’
- Type the command ‘vbs -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx’. Where the x’s stands for your product key.
- Wait for the completion of the process.
- After completion, restart your PC.
Use Windows Activation TroubleShooterOne of the amazing features of Windows 10 is the built-in troubleshooter which you can use to solve almost any kinds of computer glitches including activation errors. As such, If none of the techniques mentioned above can’t resolve error code 0xc004f014, you can try to solve it with the troubleshooter.
follow the steps below to use the troubleshooter in Windows 10 to solve activation error:
- Open your computer settings.
- Select the ‘Updates & Security’ then click the option for activation.
- If your Windows isn’t correctly activated, you’ll get the option to ‘Troubleshoot.’
- Then, press the troubleshoot key to scan activation errors.
- After that, follow further instructions to fix the activation errors on your PC.