But there is one nuance: PYPL examines only the pages that describe the programming process, and TIOBE creates a rating based on all sites where there is at least a mention of a language. Because it is less accurate. I provide the latest published data so that you can be sure.
takes only third place, behind Java and Python. Typescript in this list is located on the 11th place, Ruby - on 12. Well, such programming languages as Shell and C did not even make it to the Top-20.
I will go to the TIOBE statistics:
. In general, the figures are significantly different. Personally, it's hard enough for me to believe that these two languages have such low popularity.
You could say that I unreasonably withheld. But I want to provide the results of a survey of programmers conducted by Stackoverflow, drawing attention to some of the details.
, the tip is occupied by 3 languages that I have not mentioned before: HTML, CSS, SQL. A survey of professional web developers
showed the same ratings, with only a small percentage difference.
Typescript and Ruby in this ranking took 12 and 13 places respectively. But Visual Basic. NET is located at 18, while TIOBE is 6 at index.
What to look for
Having studied all the statistics, we can distinguish several programming languages that will definitely be trend in 2020.
- high speed due to the ability to run through the browser on the client side;
- easy to learn;
- it is perfectly combined with other languages;
- the ability to create a crowded interface;
- annual updates.
- since the code is executed on the client side, this somewhat reduces the security of the user's computer;
- scripts can be executed differently depending on the browser.
- a complete description of each component of the code, which eliminates the likelihood of a violation of one element when changing another;
- requires fewer tests due to the special architecture;
- extended toolbox;
- the ability to configure so that the erroneous code did not commited.
- to integrate the libraries, it is necessary to describe each module in order to avoid compilation errors;
- few professionals;
- the code is written longer than in JS.
As the statistics of Github and PYPL showed, this language is gaining momentum, and its community is expanding. The documentation is very well designed, because it is not so difficult to learn. Despite the shortcomings, it is highly likely that its ratings will increase significantly by 2020.
HTML allows you to organize all the page content. It is also widely used for web page layout and is considered fairly simple to learn. Very often they start their programming path with HTML.
- easy to create sites;
- supported by any browser;
- optimizes the appearance of the page for any device well;
- lightweight files;
- completely free.
- impossibility of correct interpretation without a browser;
- creates only static pages;
- you need to write large code to create simple pages;
- low security level;
- each page must be created separately.
It cannot be said that this language will be used by large corporations. Its functionality today is not enough to create sites of the 2020 level. Nevertheless, it is still good for beginners and will often be used to create news portals, online stores and more.
One of the most popular server-side programming languages. According to the latest PYPL statistics, users most often seek training and assistance in working with Python. As a rule, it is used to write scripts and plug-ins. For example, through Python are recorded episodes and actions of characters in games.
It is a universal language with easy to read code. Due to the features of the syntax, programmers need to perform fewer actions to create a plugin than in Java or C ++. Brands like Instagram and Surveymonkey use it. Google, Netflix and Quora cannot do without Python.
- very simple code;
- the possibility of asynchronous coding (alternating the execution of processing cycles);
- supports most libraries;
- open source;
- object oriented.
- despite the simplified way of writing code, many processes run long enough;
- weak for mobile application programming;
- requires many tests to completely eliminate errors.
Many advice Python to absolute programming weasels for initial learning. Ideally, after 2-3 lessons, you can write a simple code.
Python ratings are growing noticeably. In the past, statistics put it in 4-5 places, but in February 2019 it was already in the first place in the number of search queries. More detailed statistics will be only at the end of the year. But now we can confidently say that this is the main trend among programming languages.
Another popular choice of programmers. This language is widely used by large enterprises to create applications of various kinds. The Java environment is incredibly stable, making it the choice for writing Android applications.
A lot of sites today do not function without Java. It is noteworthy that every year there are more such services. Because of the demand for professionals who are well versed in this programming language, more and more.
- object-oriented programming;
- readable and easily manageable language;
- does not require a specific hardware infrastructure;
- good level of security;
- automatic memory management.
- non-standard interface, which you need to get used to for a long time;
- consumes a lot of memory and reduces hardware performance;
- difficult to learn;
- limited critical delay setting;
- does not support general programming, which increases the amount of work when writing code;
- no possibility to make backup;