This software is perfect for both beginners and developers, preferring a reliable interface.
The grid of this framework is completely based on Flexbox. Bulma is not particularly demanding to start a web development project. Because it is considered a very good option for round newcomers. With this software, you can quickly set up a site.
- simple syntax;
- adaptive design;
- created for everyday tasks faced by small teams, so easy to learn;
- big collection of components;
- popular: on Github has more than 30 thousand stars. Of course, this does not mean quality. But it reflects a high level of user confidence.
- there are many uncorrected bugs due to its novelty;
- little experience of use - requires time verification;
- lack of Flexbox prefixes for different browsers.
Bulma has a small community, but achieved high levels in a short time. Because this is a good option for novice ambitious developers.
As the developers themselves say, if programming were a religion, users of the Foundation and Bootstrap would be on opposite sides of the barricades. However, not a single discussion of modern CSS frameworks is complete without mentioning Foundation.
The first thing that can be seen on the main page of the site is the phrase “The most adaptive Front-end framework in the world”. It sounds audacious, but supporters of this software know that words are not thrown to the wind. This is confirmed by the fact that the Foundation is used by companies such as Facebook, eBay, Mozilla, Adobe and others.
The framework works great in conjunction with GPU-accelerated for lightning fast and smooth animation. Also, it offers the Fastclick.js tool for faster rendering on mobile devices.
- full modular set of tools that allows to solve almost all interface tasks;
- exceptional flexibility: the framework gives the developer complete control over the interface. It does not impose any style language, but is directly a CSS environment;
- an extended collection of interface elements that allows you to use the Foundation for sites of large corporations.
Foundation is one example of providing strengths that can appear as weak and that’s why:
- complex basis: many internal layers, dual components, infinite customization options make working with the framework incredibly difficult;
- variety: sometimes you just want to finish the project quickly, but the abundance of options soaps your eyes, which may cause the final stage to be too long;
- small community: since it is more difficult to study the Foundation, there are not so many specialists in it. If problems arise, it will be difficult to find a solution.
If you are a beginner, this software is definitely not for you. The Foundation has too many opportunities that cannot be resolved without a lot of experience working with frameworks. But if you no stranger to that, the Foundation will be a good choice because of its flexibility, excellent semantics and a really high level of adaptability.
A modern adaptive development environment based on Google’s material design specifications. Many programmers put it in third place after Bootstrap and Foundation. If you want to create a website in the style of Google, then you need to use this particular framework.
In this environment, there are enough components and classes, but first of all it is aimed at maximizing the performance and speed of loading pages. Materialize uses a 12-column grid format, as the Bootstrap.
- large selection of components;
- looks good on any device;
- convenient customization;
- open source.
- big size;
- lack of flexbox;
- monotony of ready-made sites design.
Despite the fact that on the basis of this framework, quite similar projects are obtained, many users trust it. With Materialize, you can start to impose sites with minimal experience with CSS.
Minimalism is one of today's trends in any design, including web development. Therefore, UIkit is steadily gaining popularity among many designers. Providing an elegant look using maximum empty space, this development environment has the most advantages of all frameworks.
UIkit is an easy and adaptive development environment. It helps to create an advanced interface using components such as Nestables (allows you to sort items by drag and drop, which facilitates the organization of navigation panels).
- extended customization options;
- adaptability to any devices;
- structured code;
- simple addition of any components without damage to the overall appearance;
- some classes are difficult to read, therefore it is more difficult to achieve results;
- most of the templates are paid;
- small number of users.