User panel. A set of features aimed at ordinary users who want to upload photos, videos and gifs to share with friends and other network members. To do this, in MVP you need to implement the following functions:
- Registration and authorization. Functionality that allows users to create an account by registering via email, phone or social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google and Apple ID). In addition, there should be an option to restore access, reset the password and the ability to log in using a fingerprint or Face ID.
- Editing a profile. A private section, access to which is available only to the user and the administration. Here, people can enter their personal data, adjust their visibility and customize the appearance of the profile. If the application works with payment systems, then their connection should also be done through a personal profile.
- Users of your application should be able to communicate in real time. To do this, they need chat and push notifications that notify of all new messages. You can also implement video chat, but only after thorough testing of MVP.
- Upload photos and videos. The main functionality of Instagram-like applications. To do this, you need a backend platform that will be responsible for the storage, accounting and distribution of content, as well as a content submission screen and a status information screen. In addition, to increase user engagement, you need the ability to tag, comment, like, search and file complaints.
- Photo editor. To attract users and compete, you must add filters, rotation, cropping, perspective adjustment, straightening and other photo editing features.
- Integration with social networks. Users can easily link their profile on your social network with accounts on other social networks. This will allow you to set up automatic publication of new messages (photos) in other social networks, and vice versa: automatically publish content uploaded to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram on your network.
- Geolocation. Users should be able to indicate where this or that photo or video was taken. In addition, other users should see this place not only in the photograph, but also on the world map. That is, you need integration with a GPS sensor and Google Maps or its equivalent.
- Search. Ability to search for other users and content by nickname, keywords or hashtags. You also need various filters to search: by download date (time), popularity, number of comments, rating, location, etc.
. Platform management features. Needed to comply with company policies, communication with users and punishment of violators of the user agreement. These functions include:
- Authorization. Needed to access the admin panel.
- Dashboard. Shows the technical condition of the service.
- User Manager. It tracks users and allows you to interact with their profiles (edit, ban, delete).
- Content manager. Tracks content uploaded by users.
- Reports. System activity statistics.
- Android and iOS are the main platforms for launching the application.
- React Native - sharing code and iteration speed, Java and Python - the rest of the functionality.
- Amazon EC2, Route 53, S3, EBS, and EBS — computing power and load balancing.
- Gunicorn - The interface between web servers and the application.
- Ubuntu Linux is an operating system.
- PostgreSQL - data storage.
- Django (in Python) - web server.
# 4. Testing
The created MVP
needs to be verified. Technical verification is carried out by QA-engineers who check the operability and speed of the application, and are also responsible for finding errors, bugs and the like. Conceptual validation is done using focus groups and beta tests. It is needed for validation: the functionality matches the design to the needs of the selected target audience.
# 5. Launch
The next step after checking the MVP
will be a decision on whether you want to improve it or leave it as it is. Improvement can be carried out by creating a better design and by implementing additional functions that will distinguish your project from competitors. These include:
- Video effects and beautiful transitions.
- Download long videos (appeared on Instagram in 2018).
- Ability to broadcast (stream).
- Integration with payment services.
- Business items.
Once you decide that your Instagram
clone is ready for the official release, you need to plan the deployment of the application. Depending on the strategy, you can release the application with all the functions at once or do it in stages to attract the attention of the audience to new updates.
The cost of creating an Instagram clone
. The network has many offers for the sale of almost complete clones of the Instagram application, the cost of which varies from 20 to 5 thousand dollars. These are template solutions with few options for customizing design and functionality. If you select them, you can save a lot, but there can be problems with security, privacy and copyrights. In addition, buying a template solution does not eliminate the need to develop a backend.
Development from scratch. Time management for developing an app like Instagram is next:
If you take as a basis 50 dollars per hour, the development price will vary from 35 500 to 59 600 dollars. Information about the cost of creating a dating site.
Foresight of Posts. Instagram, Klink, and other photo-sharing apps earn the most of their revenue from promoted posts that users can post in stories, posts, or carousel ads.
In-App Purchases. In early 2019, Instagram added the Checkout feature, thanks to which you can make purchases without leaving the application. You can follow the example of Instagram by embedding a similar function in your application and take a commission from each order and / or for providing this function to stores.
Premium features. In 2016, Instagram added the Business account feature for small and medium business owners. This account gives you access to additional features that help increase customers and sales. You can do the same by entering access fees or using premium features.
Selling Data. They do not like to talk about this, but many applications have been created with the expectation of monetization through the sale of personal data of users. They are very expensive, especially if it is data on a specific target category.
Advertising. Regular contextual advertising of third-party services or offers of stores off the platform.
But if you are not going to leave on the application, then here is an article about the creation of your own site.
Instagram Clone - How to Build a Photo Sharing Mobile App Like Instagram and How Much Does It Cost? key takeaways:
#1. # 1. Market review and analysis
#2. # 2. Marketing strategy
#3. # 3. MVP Development
#4. # 4. Testing
#5. # 5. Launch
#6. The cost of creating an Instagram clone
#7. Application monetization
Merehead does professional development of photo sharing app. If you have questions, contact us
for a free consultation.