• Generate more leads
Quality content allows you to reach your target market and raise brand recognition. With it, you tell potential customers that you have what they’re looking for. Additionally, the reputation you’ve built will inform them of the reliability of your brand.
• Enhance customer relationships
With content, you can educate your customers and allow you to engage with them. This is especially true if it is amplified when shared through social media. Engagement improves your relationships with your customers.
• Increase opportunities for conversion
If a company plays its cards right, they can take advantage of their web content to attract paying customers.
Types of Content
There are various forms of content. Here are some of the most common ones and what benefits they can give you.
• Service Pages
Service pages contain basic information regarding your company. They offer salient information regarding your business, including:
- Your company history, values, and objectives.
- The products and services your company offers.
- Characteristics or offers that make your company stand out from others.
- Procedures and/or strategies your company observes to do the job.
As a rule, your business website should dedicate one page to each product or service you offer. Be sure to insert keywords in every page; but don’t overdo it. One or two mentions in the content itself is enough. The keywords you use should be the product or service you’re advertising
and use variants for other mentions.
For example, if you’re advertising your dress shop, you can use the following variations including:
- Dress store.
- Dress store/shop + location.
- Clothing store/shop.
inform visitors whether or not you can give them what they’re looking for. Making this information accessible can encourage them to go further along the buying funnel.
Update your service pages when and wherever necessary.
A blog should do more than just inform. It should educate and inspire. With every post, you must present to the readers that you have the knowledge and expertise in your industry. This is the platform you use to give them information they can use, including:
- Guides - Guides are in-depth discussions about certain subjects (e.g. A Definitive Guide to Profiting from Your Blog).
- How-tos - How-tos are blogs explaining how to accomplish certain tasks (e.g. How to Clean Your Air Ducts).
- Listicles - Lists of relevant and useful resources, samples, characteristics, or factors of certain subjects (e.g. 7 Ways to Style a Dress).
- Tips and Tricks - These types of articles give advice or lifehacks that would make life or certain tasks easier for the reader.
By offering your audience valuable and free advice, you assure them that your goal is not solely to make sales but that you care about them and are willing to meet their needs.
Do not treat your blogs as you would a service page. Though they are meant to lead your customers to your offers, you should not rub it so hard into their faces and put them off. If they find value in your blogs and the information you’re willing to share with them, your customers will eventually trust you with their purchases.
Update your blogs regularly, once or twice a month. Also, do your research, fact check so as not to spread misinformation. Doing so can cost you your reputation and the trust of your audience. To attract the attention of both search engines and consumers, your blogs should be fresh and well-researched.