RoBoom is one of the first online lotteries, implemented as a game with animation and storyline
UX / UI design
. Having a concept and a general idea of the gameplay, you can begin to develop the design
and maps of the lottery screens - how it will look like for an ordinary player. To do this, it is best to hire specialists who understand the usability and user needs. It will be more expensive, but the result will be much better.
The scheme of the lottery on the blockchain for the user and operator in the Samsara Protocol
You need two UX / UI designs: for the web interface
(site) and the mobile application. They should be similar, but not identical, because usability and the process of playing on these two platforms is different.
Step 3: Lottery License
Most lotteries require licensing in government. In the US, the type of license required and the process for obtaining it depends on the state. In other countries, such as the UK, are issued national licenses that allow lotteries throughout the state. British licenses allow you to run one of four types of lotteries:
- National Lottery. The main lottery of the country, which has been held since 1994 and is regulated by the National Lottery Commission and a number of its own legislative acts. On average, it attracts more than 30 million pounds a week. Managed by Camelot Group.
- Large public lotteries. Lottery draws, in which the sale of tickets brings more than 20 000 pounds per month or 250 000 pounds per year. You need a Gambling Commission license, which requires the gaming organizer to give 20% of the income for sports, cultural or charitable purposes.
- Local Government Lotteries. Such games are conducted by commercial structures and managed by municipal authorities. Requires a Gambling Commission license. Part of the revenue goes to cover municipal expenses, charity, sporting events and the like.
- Small public lotteries. Ticket sales should not exceed £ 20,000 per week or £ 250,000 per year. Require registration with local authorities. Most of the profits should go to charity or other good tasks.
If you create a small lottery among the workforce, a small sample of customers in a campaign, at school and charity events, then you do not need to get a license (in the UK).
Step 4: Lottery Website Development
. If you choose a franchise lottery, then creating a website does not take much time and does not require much effort, since the entire lottery background is usually on the side of the franchise provider, and you only connect to it, less often - you are given a ready-made background that you customize needs. By and large, you just have to develop a design and take care of safety.
Under the security of the lottery online platform is meant:
- protection against interfering with the lottery;
- protection of personal and financial data of users;
- system development from hacking, phishing, DDoS attacks and more;
- development / connection of the system of protection (encryption) of the connection between the service and the user's device.
When developing from scratch, all this needs to be done independently.
Design. One of the most important aspects of developing a platform for an online lottery, since the user's first impression depends on it and whether he agrees to play the lottery on your site. It is best to create a design with a focus on a specific target audience, because users have different and often conflicting tastes. For example, people 50 years and older prefer a simple and concise design, while millennials prefer bright colors and animation.
Step 5: Develop HD Wallet
A cryptocurrency wallet is needed to accept bitcoins, ether, EOS and other virtual money from players and pay winnings to winners. It is best to use HD-wallet (hierarchically deterministic wallet), since it allows anonymizing cryptocurrency transactions and protects against loss of access to a crypto account when a key file is lost, broken or stolen. Armory, Electrum, BitGo, TREZOR and other popular hierarchically determined wallets.
Benefits of HD Wallets:
- Increased level of anonymity. HD-wallet allows you to hide the crypto addresses of users when depositing and withdrawing funds, even if this information is open in a particular blockchain, for example, in Bitcoin.
- Seed-phrase is best remembered. Unlike the traditional method of storing all public and private keys, the secret phrase of 12 or more words is better remembered and gives access to all “child addresses” at once.
- Easy backup. All your "child addresses" can be easily and quickly restored using just one master key - the seed phrase. The ability to restore is kept even after complete removal of the HD wallet distribution kit.
Step 6: Developing Lottery Smart Contracts
Smart contracts are the main thing
that licensing authorities and players check, since the "purity" of the lottery depends on their transparency, quality and honesty. Ideally, you need to create a smart contract
with an open source code for the lottery so that anyone can check it yourself and make sure your platform is fair.
There are several ways to do this:
- By yourself. The best solution for those who are well versed in programming and blockchain technologies. It allows you to save money and time, because the contract code for a regular lottery is not very complicated. If you do not have programming skills, it is better to use another option, since any mistake in it threatens to lose its reputation, license and lawsuits. Moreover, if the court decides that the error in the smart contract is intentional, you can be imprisoned.
- Ready solutions. On GeekHub and other similar resources there are many ready and at the same time free smart contracts for various lotteries, which are distributed as open source software. This option will save on the development of a smart contract, but not much, because the smart contract code needs to be integrated into your platform, which will require hiring an appropriate specialist.
- Outsourcing. The best option if you need to develop a smart contract with unique or non-standard properties.
Step 7: Mobile Application Development
Blockchain Lottery mobile app interface
According to Flurry Analytics and comScore, most Internet users prefer to use mobile applications rather than websites. Including for participation in the lottery draws. Therefore, creating a lottery based on the blockchain, you must necessarily devote a significant portion of time and resources to developing your own mobile application
with the following criteria:
- The app should have a nice design and easy navigation. The user must immediately understand how to register, deposit money, place a bet, receive a prize and receive reference information.
- The application should have a convenient lottery block: “Betting”, “Start”, “Payment Gateways”, “History”, “Favorites”, etc.
- With the help of push-notifications, the player will receive messages about the results of draws, the ability to bet in selected games, promotions, updates, important news and more.
- The application should have an “Information” section where you can read the lottery conditions, instructions on how to participate in the game, and the like.
As in the case of developing a smart contract or website, you can create a mobile application by yourself, using ready-made solutions
or hiring a development company. Some white label solutions come bundled with a mobile application that is almost ready to launch. To start it, you need to adjust the design a bit, determine the lottery conditions, ticket prices and winnings.
Step 8: Testing the site, wallet, applications and smart contracts
The result of the audit of smart contracts lottery KIBO, made by experts Hosho
After the program code of all elements of the ecosystem is ready, all this needs to be thoroughly tested. At the same time, the most important elements - smart contracts and HD-wallet
- need to be submitted for inspection by independent auditors. This is important both for you (it helps to detect critical errors) and for the players (it will show whether you can trust your platform or not).
As an example, you can take the Kibo blockchain lottery, whose team agreed with Hosho (the leader in security of the blockchain) about auditing their smart contracts. The result of the Kibo check turned out to be generally satisfactory, but there were some non-critical errors in the code. If Kibo hadn’t hired Hosho, then most likely these errors would have remained in the code, which could have caused crashes or hacker attacks.
Step 9: Develop Marketing Strategy