• Red is the most stimulating. Prolonged contact with it even affects the increase in blood pressure. Color is often used for important announcements, warnings. If your site has a lot of preventive, educational and preventive information, its moderate use will be justified. At the same time - if you do not want to cause increased aggression of users, choose more moderate shades of red.
• Orange color is associated with youth, energy, movement. It is one of the quietest warm tones. If orange is chosen as the primary color, then it will emphasize the dynamism and joy that the company seeks. The continued use of this color by the Fanta brand confirms this pattern.
• Yellow is a universal warm color that conveys positive emotions, but does so without excessive sharpness and sharpness. This color is the optimal solution for those companies that earn various consultations.
• Green is associated with calmness, positive emotions, moderate relaxation. The stable atmosphere created by this color is excellent for those companies that consider this factor to be one of their main priorities. For example, it may be about financial institutions, construction companies.
• Blue in design - a synonym for security, openness, reliability. However, his message also depends on the shade. For example, the light colors of blue are traditionally associated with friendliness, and the dark ones with some sadness. Such giants as Facebook and Twitter successfully use different colors of blue to create exactly the atmosphere to which they aspire. It's a common color in launching own cryptocurrency.
By the way, you can learn more about this in graphic design trends.
As a rule, any actual trends take into account these aspects and do not go against them. In 2019 nothing will change - and the trends will be formed taking into account this factor.
Bright color schemes - the current trend of the next few years
In 2018, the most actual color was called ultraviolet. This choice of experts and designers clearly demonstrates that people like bright colors and color combinations. Area of design of sites and applications will display this in full in the near future.
Since at the moment the trend is gaining momentum, in 2019 and subsequent years it is likely to increase not only in web design, but also in logo design trends. Most organizations, which by their own activity can afford bright colors in the design of sites, will do it.
An eloquent example of this trend is the Shawbrook bank website. Even if a solid financial institution chooses bright colors for itself, to deny this tendency becomes meaningless.
To some extent, this choice is an example of breaking templates. But, on the other hand, modern customers like dynamics, optimism and brightness in all life manifestations. Correspondence to this request of the audience indicates the ability to adapt to the challenges of time.
Using a gradient
A gradient in web design is not a new effect in its essence. However, it still surprises his specialists with his capabilities. The gradient itself is a gradual blending of colors, which allows to actually achieve a new color and a new tone. Objects look more qualitatively isolated.
Therefore, the design to some extent even acquires a new dimension. The main task with which the gradient handles successfully is to add depth to the visual composition.
It is also important to understand that the gradual blending of colors is not an artificial device. Such color effects, as well as a visual "game with transparency" are often found even in nature.
For example, you just have to look at the evening sky - and you can be sure that our world does not consist solely of monochrome or flat colors. Therefore, for the audience, gradients will not become something new and unexplored, which practically excludes any subconscious hostility in perception.
If we talk about the design sphere as a whole, then the most popular gradients are in the web direction. In polygraphy, they can be found much less often.
Since in the virtual space the use of gradients is returning and gaining momentum, it is important for designers to know several significant aspects related to the use of this technique. They are as follows:
• Avoiding contradictory shades. There are a lot of specialized resources with which you can choose the right combination of colors. This applies to color, monochrome, shadow, complex and triadic schemes. If you do not know how to combine colors, better use the tools to do it competently.