#1. Forget About Bitcoin Mining
#2. How Else to Earn Money on Bitcoins?
#3. What You Need to Open and Build a Crypto Exchange?
#4. What cryptocurrencies to allow?
#5. Cryptocurrency Exchange Trading Platform
#6. Features that cryptocurrency exchnage platform must have
#7. Security and Protection
#8. How much does it cost to build cryptocurrency exchange platform?
The very first thing you need to know is bitcoin popularity grows with each month. Analysts are inclined to believe that cryptocurrencies, especially bitcoin, to dollar exchange rate corresponds to bitcoin popularity and it is the very new hype. Nevertheless, the whole planet uses it in protected transactions. Bitcoin exchange rate is USD 7,542 = 1 BTC. Building the new online cryptocurrency exchange software is a huge opportunity for their owners.
Forget About Bitcoin Mining
As already mentioned above, bitcoin is quite popular now, hence bitcoin mining has become more difficult. You will need simply unimaginable computing GPU performance (CPU is more than 50 times slower). To get now at least one bitcoin is extremely difficult.
Additionally, some countries have increased their attention to it. First, this applies to the CIS countries and particularly Ukraine. There bitcoin mining considered as an illegal business, tax evasion and other nonsense.
How Else to Earn Money on Bitcoins?
If you have an online store, a SaaS application, or you work online and accept money – you can allow your customers to pay by bitcoins. In fact, you invest in bitcoin in this way. We have already heard how the bitcoin rate fluctuated in the summer of 2017, and by the autumn, it doubled. Simply unthinkable!
Another option for earning money on bitcoins is the online exchange-trading platform. The opening of it, not a typical task and is resource-intensive. Let’s turn to what will platform owners get in return? A small commission from 0.2% to 3%. Quite a miser, don’t you think so? However, let’s calculate the volume of trades per day.
With a turnover of $ 100,000, you will receive $200. This is only 13 bitcoins in turnover per day. According to Coinmarketcap, Exmo platform has a $13,996,000 daily turnover. Their daily earnings only on commissions start from $28,000 to $420,000! Not bad? Knowing e-commerce trends can be an actual alternative option to make some money in 2018.
What You Need to Open and Build a Crypto Exchange?
What target market do you aim at? Depending on the country, states and their laws, your rep office must have certain permissions. The easiest way to work in those countries that officially allow bitcoin as a means of payment, for example, Japan.
However, you must remember about other aspects – marketing, and demand in that part of the world.
What cryptocurrencies to allow?
The obvious point but yet significant. The more currencies you provide to users, the more audience coverage and more interest to the cryptocurrency exchange platform. Contrary to the erroneous view, 50 cryptocurrencies are not much more difficult to maintain than 3. But at first, we need to integrate them, and this process takes a little while. Once you have dealt with the previous two points of preparation, here is your next one. But you should keep in mind, that every cryptocurrency such as Ripple, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dash, Dogecoin and other need to be integrated manually.
Cryptocurrency Exchange Trading Platform
Preparing and planning are indeed important web development phases before launching almost anything – whether it is as complex as the exchange platform, the SaaS platform, or the website for your business.
Features that cryptocurrency exchnage platform must have
1. Flexibility to customization and scaling
3. Easy management
4. Incredibly low delay time for the user
Moreover, each platform consists of separate modules, the so-called layers. Each of which functions independently relying on received data and the exchange interface. For example, the cash flow engine, the service of user processes, the backend, and integration with the UI (frontend). APIs and requests between layers organize connections. Usually, each of them is located on a separate machine/server.
The most important thing is obviously the platform itself, backend. Having it, you can easily scale your business to web applications, desktop apps mobile apps and so on. However, what to choose first a mobile app or website?
Security and Protection
Let’s first find out what common problems, holes, and problems you might be faced with in the security of the system.
1. Unauthorized access to the administrator account (hacking)
2. Access violation to the server
3. Rogue process due to privileges
4. Security issues in external platforms
Users’ accommodations. Personal data security is in the first place, moreover, access to the system must be strictly regulated. Popular tools to protect this layer:
1. Using secure and protected libraries and frameworks
2. Two-factor authentication
3. Request documents from users.
4. Manual confirmation from the administrator of high volume transactions and/or their large amounts
Administrator’s privileges, whether in the crypto-currency exchange built with blockchain technology, which among other things in mobile apps development trends. Any trading platform requires admins. To secure yourself and the system check the following list:
1. Delimit responsibilities and privileges of administrators; create additional groups, and roles. Every person manages only his small part and does not have access to more.
2. Team solution. Administrators from different groups must confirm especially important features.
3. Development and production are at least two separate areas. Limited access for each group. Manual database transfer, which is controlled by executives, CTO for instance.
Malicious processes. Caused by malicious software either due to an intruder.
1. DDoS attacks. Requests must pass through certain servers and be clean for the end project.
2. Firewall vulnerability. They solve quite simply – having a professional system administrator, or an awesome hosting. AWS is probably the best solution.
3. Authorized and protected access.
4. Notification of administrators about suspicious activity.
Technical issues. Sometimes things break down. Software issues or damaged hardware. Everything should be monitored and to have Plan B, as well as a backup in a safe place.
1. Changes, exchange, and trading transactions are calculated, and if something is wrong – there is a return of operations.
2. Validation of sum.
3. Regular backups.
4. Available user log files
5. Administrative notifications in case of inadequate activity.
Most importantly, in the event of a malfunction, respond as quickly as possible; and be generally notified about it. Therefore, the cost of supporting such projects monthly ranges from $200 to $2000, subject to working with East European Company. If you work with a company from central Europe, the UK or the US – you can safely multiply this cost by 3-5 times, depending on the company. In any case, it is important to know how to choose a web design agency.
How much does it cost to build cryptocurrency exchange platform?
Trading currency exchange is a complex project, unlike a personal website. Team should consist of following persons:
1. Project Manager for 3 months. Responsible for the work in the team, discussions, communication between team and client and actually the project management.
2. QA Engineer for 3 months. To test all possible scenarios and vulnerabilities.
3. Designer for 2 months. Designs an interface, and creates a relationship between users and the crypto-currency platform.
4. UI developer for 3 months.
5. 2-3 Platform Developers for 3 months.
Total: the average cost of developing a crypto exchange is $25,500 working with an agency from Eastern Europe. If you prefer to work with the US or UK based team, be ready to pay 5x times, approximately $320,000 for the same team.
UPD. Recent news shows how bitcoin soared up with exchange rate over $18,000 per one bitcoin. Its capitalization takes No.5 position across currencies all over the world. And it seems, became one of the most desired currencies for venture capitalists, hedge-funds, internet entrepreneurs and almost for everyone.
Exmo gained additional 2.11% traffic, and now has strong positions. Almost in every country trading platforms take a position within first 1000 websites. Apparently, it’s not over yet. Financial analytics predict future Bitcoin growth.