Life in college is exciting, eventful and at times, scary. From working on CPM homework
keeping track of class notes, exam schedule and participating in extra-curricular activities; the journey is often filled with bumps and hurdles.
Here are the ten most sought-after and productive Android applications
that can help you with multiple tasks and events, stringent paper works and other complications.
Chegg books allow you to E-textbooks, anytime, anywhere on the go.
- Allows users to easily search for textbooks by title, author, or by scanning a bar code.
- You can buy or rent textbooks at a cheaper price.
- When you buy a book from this site, you will get a seven day instant access to your E-textbook to get started with the chapters, even before the ordered copy arrives.
- The app allows its users to save up to 80% on rentals and 90% on the used books. ‘
The app is available on Google Play as well as an on-demand food delivery app
. Click here
to download and install.
Pricing depends on the cost of books available on Chegg.
Talking of the best Android apps
for college students, this one definitely gets a special mention. It goes without saying, college students tend to remain occupied and overly burdened with assignments and dissertations.
As a result, they require tools and expertise to identify and eliminate grammatical mistakes made in the papers. This is where Grammarly comes into play.
- Advanced interface and updated algorithm facilitate accurate grammar checks.
- Comes with a contextual spelling checker as well.
- Facilitates advanced punctuation correction and vocabulary enhancements.
- In addition to each of these features, the premium version of Grammarly offers plagiarism check as well.
and download Grammarly.
The premium monthly subscription costs $29.95 per month.
Study Music – Memory Booster
Imagine how amazing would it be for you to study, relax, listen to music and focus on the task at the same time. Sounds too good to be true? Here’s Study Music
- Choose from a plethora of different music for different types of academic tasks, and segregate the same by category such as “Focus”, “Study”, “Create” and more.
- You can add alpha waves, rain sound and nature sounds to your music playlist.
- You will be able to use other apps or turn off your screen while playing music.
Get it at Google Play. Click here
The app is available for FREE!
Got late night parties with your college buds? Or in a hurry to reach the examination hall on time? Uber it, and you are good to go. This is one of the most reputable cab-booking platforms
, which is said to be one of the most sought-after Android apps
for college students.
- Easy location tracking feature.
- Pushback notifications.
- Payment can be made by debit/credit cards, Android pay, Google pay and of course through cash.
- Once the ride is completed, you can rate your experience or provide feedback for the driver or the company.
Get it at Google Play. Click here.
Cab fare depends on location, distance and time.
This is one advanced scientific graphing calculator integrated with Algebra. College students
pursuing the subject of mathematics on a higher level will find this application useful.
- The scientific calculator allows you to perform equations based on logarithms, trigonometric functions, hyperbolic functions, trigonometric functions and more.
- The graphing calculator mode facilitates multiple functions like graphing, tracing function values, graph intersections, 3D graphs and the likes.
- Turn on the Algebra calculator mode, and you will be able to calculate and crack linear equations, polynomial long divisions, linear and quadratic inequalities and the likes.
Click on this link
to get the application on Google Play.
You are entitled to use this application for Free!
Venmo Mobile Wallet
It goes without saying that college students are often required transferring money
to or from their classmates on various occasions. In addition, students pursuing degrees abroad; are at times required to send or receive money from their parents. This mobile wallet application can come into play during such situations.
- Simply link your payment method with the app and send or receive money from your friends and acquaintances easily.
- Venmo is making, sharing and splitting purchases is now much easier.
- Advanced security protocol maintained by the application makes online transfer easier, safer from every single aspect.
Click on this link
to download and install Venmo.
The app comes with no additional cost, built with Java in 2019, but any developer could improve it and develop with Kotlin languages in 2020
Microsoft Office Lens
Known for being one of the best Android apps for college students, the Microsoft office
lens has been designed to serve your purpose as a student to the fullest. It has cool and fresh design probably taken fro this source
- Lets you scan and upload all documents, thus helping you to increase productivity.
- The office lens scanner allows you to scan and share classroom handouts and every other important note into OneNote and OneDrive.
It is available on Google Play, click here
to download the application.
Microsoft Office Lens is available to you for FREE!
Are you looking for resourceful tools
that can help you take notes and create notebooks in different formats, including texts, sketches, audio, video, PDF, web clippings and the likes? Then Evernote is one resourceful tool you should opt for.
- Evernote lets you sync all notes in an organised way, on the go.
- Using Evernote, you can attach Microsoft Office docs, PDFs and photos in a seamless way.
- The tool allows you to set reminders of all important activities.
- The document scanning feature allows you to scan all important files and keep track of the same.
to download the application.
The premium version of Evernote comes for $7.99 per month.
Are you stuck in gridlock, in the middle of disorganised paper works, heaps of pending assignments
and the likes? This calls for an application that would help you to schedule your day easily and organise all requisite files in a uniform way. Any Do
serves the purpose with precision.
- The to-do list feature allows you to add tasks and manage all shared projects.
- The application prioritises tasks on your checklist with its “Daily Planner” feature.
- Adds recurring reminders for all ongoing events, activities and appointments.
- The application integrates with other devices such as Google Calendar, Amazon Echo and Google Assistant.
Get the application at Google Play
, absolutely for free.
Any Do comes for $5.99 per month (billed annually)
Are you a research student? Grappling with tricky referencing and in-text citations? Have you tried utilising the potential of Mendeley?
If not, consider giving it a shot.
- Mendeley offers more than 7,000 referencing style formats including MLA, APA, IEEE, AMA and more.
- The application allows users to annotate documents as they research.
- The tool, in addition, facilitates both online and offline functionalities.
- Mendeley works well with all PDF documents as well.
The application is available on Google Play. Click on this link,
download and install it for free.
Prices range from $55 to $165 per year.
Now that you are aware of the ten best Android apps
to make your college days favourable and hassle-free, go grab the ones that would suit our needs. Prior to using any particular app, make sure:
- The software is verified by and available on Google Play.
- Look for software that offers bug-free functionalities.
- Refrain from using heavyweight files; prefer installing applications that are within 50 to 60 MB.
Shirley Brown is an academic counsellor and tech blogger from MyAssignmenthelp
, Australia. During her time of leisure and merrymaking, you might catch you in a different mood, spending quality time with friends and family, visiting the hills and playing guitar.